Meditation 7.10.19 - A Pen and Ink Doodle
Do you remember me telling you about the couple who died eating a raw marmot? I was shocked that the raw food trend had gone so far.
I was shocked again today about another raw food choice and because it turned fatal, I felt like I should warn you.
Please don't ever eat a gecko raw. Even if someone double dog dares you.
Lizards (even the "Chicken of the Trees" can carry salmonella on their skins - which is why, when cooking and eating the iguana, you are supposed to skin and parboil the meat before seasoning it and cooking.
More shocking, when I tried to Google the "Man dies from eating..." (I couldn't remember the which lizard type it was), lizard or gecko wasn't the first choice in the autocomplete results of the Google search box, that was man dies eating from slug (which caused rat lungworm), nor was it the second, which was man dies from eating roaches (choked to death).
All in all, I think there is a life lesson or two here:
Meals derived from mamals, birds, or reptiles should be cooked.and
Doing something on a dare is dumb.
What do you think?