Meditation 5.6.19 - A Pen and Ink Tangle
It isn't a secret, but I read a lot.
There are so many books over the years that have shaped me but this weekend I was challenged to list my most influential five.
These books are ones that I have referred back to time and again and always carry in my heart.
This list is as follows:
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith - The book that encouraged my college education.
- Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand - The book that explained what capitalism is to me.
- The Robe - Lloyd C. Douglas - The book that defined Christianity to me.
- Slouching Toward Bethlehem - Joan Didion - The book that taught me to act like a big girl.
- The Cellist of Sarajevo - Steven Galloway - The book that propelled me away from philosophy and into activity.
While my experiences dictated which books spoke to me the loudest, I like to think this list would be useful to anyone.
I hope Henry, that you enjoy them.